Systelos is officially out of “stealth mode”
September 22, 2018
A new survey finds Canadians love their investment advisors – but not enough to introduce them to the family. The study by Environics for wealth management firm Systelos also shows a wide gap in understanding between clients and advisors.
Here are some of the key findings:
- 94 per cent of investors consider themselves loyal – or at least not disloyal – to their investment advisors.
- 12 per cent have actually fired an investment advisor.
- Only 47 per cent would recommend them to family members
The survey is intended to highlight the disconnect between what investors expect from advisors and the service that advisors provide. Here are some other findings that make that point:
- 59 per cent of respondents say they’re satisfied with their investment returns – and why not? Equity markets have been roaring since the 2008 financial crisis, whether you had an advisor or not.
- Yet, 76 per cent say they believe their advisors beat the index despite the fact that the survey also found only 20 per cent actually did beat the index over the past 10 years.
- 77 per cent say they can never find their advisors in real time. That’s a head-scratcher considering good advisors initiate long-term investment plans. Why would a client need an advisor to take immediate action other than to recommend they stay the course?